4 hrs 20 mins
From TOH Country Woman. No name is mentioned to give credit. I did change up a bit for us. I shared this recipe with my friend, Donna and she cooked it in the crockpot and added a little more liquid. I have only cooked it using the directions as outlined below. This is a thick stew so if you do not like a thick stew, I would recommend adding more liquid. We like our stew thick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water (we used red wine) or 1 cup red wine (we used red wine)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 lbs beef chuck roast, cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1 inch diagonal slices
- 2 -3 yellow onions, quartered (depending on how much onion you like)
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup celery, cut in 1 inch chunks
- 12 whole mushrooms
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Mix together, soup, wine, and flour until smooth. Add bouillon cubes (no dissolving necessary), Italian seasoning and garlic.
- 3Pepper beef to desired amount.
- 4Put all meat and vegetables in large roasting pan. I used my dutch oven pan.
- 5Pour soup mixture over the top and mix well.
- 6Bake covered at 275 degrees for 4 to 5 hours.
- 7When ready to serve adjust seasoning if desired. Serve with crusty bread or over noodles.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gone-All Day Stew
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 78.3 mg
- Sodium 459.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 25.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: