Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
Japanese Spinach salad with sesame dressing. Note if you are making this vegetarian do not use the bonito flakes. They are fish. modified from a recipe in recipesecrets.com Posted by Tdorst
- 1 lb spinach
- 2 tablespoons white sesame
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce (or up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon dried shaved bonito flakes (optional)
- Clean and blanch the spinach. To do this drop into boiling water and remove immediately.
- Rinse in very cold water. Drain well. You may want to gently squeeze out excess.
- Heat a skillet very hot. Add the seeds and toat a couple minutes until brown. Then put them in a blender or spice grinder and grind.
- Add the remaining ingredients to blender and process into thin paste. Then add to spinach and stir well.
- Note If using add the bonito flakes to the top as garnish right before serving.
- 2-4 [we are big Spinach eaters -- servings depend on how you serve it.].