Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This can cook slow for 4 to 5 hours or regular for 1 hour.
Make and share this Golfer's Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounce) bottleof red Russian salad dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) jar apricot jam
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- Combine the dry soup mix, dressing, and jam; mix well until there are no lumps.
- Wash the chicken, pat dry. slightly overlap in glass dish.
- Spoon and spread 1 tablespoon or more of the sauce over each piece. Bake/slow cook at 225°F for 4 to 5 hours or it can be done for 1 hour at 350°F.
This recipe is fantastic. A roomate of mine in college used to make this for our house of five poor college students. Twenty-three years later, I am still making it for my family with parsley potatoes and garlic green beans. I use 6 skinned whole chicken legs. This also can be cooked in a crockpot. Give this recipe a try.
Good stuff! This was Easter dinner this year, and Mom agrees with the 5 stars. Very easy to mix up, and the just pop in the oven and forget it. Great blend of flavors. I used chicken leg quarters.
We had this last night, I used 4 chicken thighs and made half the sauce. We LOVED this recipe, it will be repeated many times at our house. Recipe Fairy, thank you so much. Mary