1/1 Photo of Goldy Bear's Scout's Brownies
This came from Diane Mott Davidson's book "Dying for Chocolate", and was "created" by caterer Goldy Bear. These were a hit last Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 ounces best quality unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons european style unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (high altitude, add 2 tbsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips
- 1preheat oven to 350 degrees (high altitude 375).
- 2Melt butter with unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler.
- 3Set aside to cool.
- 4Sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt.
- 5Beat eggs until creamy, and slowly add the sugar, beating constantly.
- 6Add vanilla and cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- 7Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- 8Spread batter in buttered 9x13 pan.
- 9Sprinkle chocolate chips over surface.
- 10Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- 11Let cool before cutting.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goldy Bear's Scout's Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 41.6 mg
- Sodium 89.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g