This came from Diane Mott Davidson's book "Dying for Chocolate", and was "created" by caterer Goldy Bear. These were a hit last Thanksgiving.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3 1⁄2 ounces best quality unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons european style unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (high altitude, add 2 tbsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup good quality chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350 degrees (high altitude 375).
- Melt butter with unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler.
- Set aside to cool.
- Sift together cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat eggs until creamy, and slowly add the sugar, beating constantly.
- Add vanilla and cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spread batter in buttered 9x13 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over surface.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool before cutting.