Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy Bear character. Like pecan pie, only easier to pick up. Yum!!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 -2 cup pecan halves
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- additional flour (see below)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a food processor, combine the first three ingredients with a metal blade until coarse crumbs are formed. (can also bedone with 2 knives or a pastry cutter).
- Pat as a crust into a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely.
- Spread pecans over cooled crust.
- Beat eggs with brown sugar until thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Put salt and baking power in the bottom of a 1/4 cup measure, then fill the rest of the measure with flour.
- Stir this into egg mixture.
- Pour this mixture over the pecans and crust.
- Sprinkle chips over the mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool before cutting.
This was so good!! Very moreish, you just can't stop at one piece, or at least we couldn't. LOL. It wasn't too sweet either which was great. Thanks!
I have made these bars several times for bake sales and always get rave reviews! I never get a chance to see how long they'll last!
This was an easier recipe to follow, although mine didn't look much like the picture. I think I should have put more chocolate chips int it. Anyway, I might make these again sometime, if I don't forget about this recipe. Thanks for sharing.