Another recipe from Diane Mott Davidson's Goldy Bear character. Like pecan pie, only easier to pick up. Yum!!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a food processor, combine the first three ingredients with a metal blade until coarse crumbs are formed. (can also bedone with 2 knives or a pastry cutter).
- Pat as a crust into a buttered 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then cool completely.
- Spread pecans over cooled crust.
- Beat eggs with brown sugar until thick.
- Add vanilla.
- Put salt and baking power in the bottom of a 1/4 cup measure, then fill the rest of the measure with flour.
- Stir this into egg mixture.
- Pour this mixture over the pecans and crust.
- Sprinkle chips over the mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until center is set.
- Let cool before cutting.