Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe from Diane Mott Davidson's culinary mystery The Cereal Murders.
- 2 1⁄4 cups oats, old fashioned
- 12 ounces almond brickle chips
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter (sweet)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- In a small bowl, mix the oats with the brickle chips.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a food processor, mix the sugars until blended, then gradually add the butter.
- Continue to process until creamy and smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and process until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and process just until combined.
- Pour this mixture over the oats and brickle chips and stir until well combined.
- Using a 1/8 cup measure, scoop out dough and place 3" apart on ungreased cookied sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on wire racks.
These cookies are quite tasty, but they really spread out during baking. I suggest you use a small spatula or your fingers to reshape them while they are still warm. Martinigirl