Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was looking for a way to get my little one to eat fish..anything other than macaroni and cheese or grilled cheese for a day. Maybe this will work for your little one too! Not so bad for grown ups either!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 2⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- In a saucepan, melt the 3 Tbs vegetable shortening.
- Blend in the flour, and then the milk.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Add the onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika; stir in the tuna.
- Cover and chill thoroughly.
- With wet hands shape tuna mixture into 8 fish shapes.
- Beat egg together with 2 Tbs of water.
- Coat with crumbs.
- and then in the egg, and back again into the crumbs.
- Fry patties in vegetable shortening, cook until they are browned on both sides.