I was looking for a way to get my little one to eat fish..anything other than macaroni and cheese or grilled cheese for a day. Maybe this will work for your little one too! Not so bad for grown ups either!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, melt the 3 Tbs vegetable shortening.
- 2Blend in the flour, and then the milk.
- 3Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- 4Add the onion, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and paprika; stir in the tuna.
- 5Cover and chill thoroughly.
- 6With wet hands shape tuna mixture into 8 fish shapes.
- 7Beat egg together with 2 Tbs of water.
- 8Coat with crumbs.
- 9and then in the egg, and back again into the crumbs.
- 10Fry patties in vegetable shortening, cook until they are browned on both sides.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goldfish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 375.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 403.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 29.3 g