Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Again from the Taste Of Home Cookbook. From Richard Ramsey in Eugene Oregon. Different, easy, and super tasty.
- 2 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 2 slices bread, toasted and buttered
- Cut eggs in half; remove yolks and set aside. Chop egg white; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in egg whites; heat through. Pour over toast. Force egg yolks through a sieve to break into small pieces; sprinkle over sauce.