1/2 Photos of Goldenrod Eggs
Yummy, quick breakfast, just a little different. My grandmother used to make this for us years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate the whites and yolks of cooked eggs, dice the whites, set aside yolks.
- 2Place butter in saucepan, and melt over medium heat.
- 3Stir in flour, stirring constantly, until butter and flour are well blended; then cook over low heat stirring at least 2 minutes more.
- 4Slowly add milk, stirring constantly and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Stirring until sauce has thickened, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add the diced egg white to the sauce.
- 7Place toasted english muffin halves on serving plates, spoon sauce over muffins.
- 8Using a fine grater, grate egg yolks over each portion.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Goldenrod Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.6
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 425.0 mg
- Sodium 508.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 22.0 g