Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe by Starflower at www.allrecipes.com.
Make and share this Golden Yam Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled and finely shredded sweet potatoes (RAW, not cooked or canned!)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and salt; stir into the batter just until blended.
- Fold in the shredded sweet potato and raisins. Spread the batter evenly in the greased baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Mix together the confectioners' sugar, butter and milk until smooth. Spread over the brownies while they are still warm. They will absorb some of the glaze. Serve hot or warm.