Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Get more veggies in their diets and no one will be the wiser. This recipe makes a lot - 12 servings - so feel free to scale it down to fit your family. Or make the whole she-bang and freeze portions of it for later.
- In a large saucepan, combine carrots, potatoes. Add water to just cover.
- Bring to a boil; simmer, covered until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain.
- In the saucepan, mash the vegetables until smooth. Return saucepan to low heat, stirring constantly to dry vegetables out, about 3 minutes.
- Add milk, 2 tablespoons butter, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Beat until fluffy.
- Turn into a serving bowl and top with remaining butter, cut into small pieces.
I took SusieQusie suggestion and made to fit serve size wise - I used 6 ounzes carrots and 9 ounzes of Carisma potatoes (low GI potatoes) and then followed through with the butter (1 tablespoon) milk (2 tablesploons appoximately), nutmeg (a sprinkle) and a grind of salt and pepper and came up with a mash that 3 of us enjoyed and polished of, thank you SusieQusie, made for I Recommend tag game and recommended by AZPARZYCH.
Very good! Made as written and the amounts of milk and butter were spot on. Served with meatloaf and gravy, however the potatoes didn't need gravy. Made for I Recommend Holiday Tag.
Tasty and satisfying. I made a half batch with a little extra potato. I did have to add a fair amount more salt and pepper than the recipe called for and I added some garlic powder. More butter would be good, too. Like **Mandy** I found the carrots didn't mash well using a hand-held masher. I didn't mind that too much, but it made for more marbled appearance rather than a golden appearance.