Prep 30 mins
Cook 91 hrs
From the Crockery Cookery Book. 1975 Edition. This is very good.
- 5 lbs ducklings, ready-to-cook
- 1 (29 ounce) can yellow cling peaches, sliced
- 1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
- 1⁄2 cup white wine, dry
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- Cut or have butcher cut duckling into halves, lengthwise.
- Prick skin with fork at 2 inch intervals.
- Place on trivet in slow cooking pot, cut side dwon.
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup.
- Combine 1 cup syrup with orange peel, wine, honey, soy sauce, and seasoned salt.
- Brush some of the sauce over ducklin.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours or until tender.
- If possible drain excess fat, brush with sauce once or twice during cooking.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water.
- Stir into remaining sauce.
- Cook until slightly thickened.
- Add drained peaches to sauce.
- Heat and serve wtih duckling.
- Serve duckling with cooked rice.
- If your slow cooker is 3 1/2 quarts or smaller, cut duckling into quarters.