In '1,000 Vegan Recipes' by Robin Robertson
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Set aside to cool slightly.
- 4Transfer the cooled onion mixture to a food processor.
- 5Add the chickpeas, salt, and pepper; pulse to mix.
- 6Add the flour and process to combine.
- 7Shape the mixture into 4 burgers, about 4 inches in diameter.
- 8If the mixture is too loose, add a little extra flour.
- 9In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- 10Add the burgers and cook until firm and browned on both sides, turning once, about 5 minutes per side.
- 11Serve the burgers on the rolls with condiments of choice.
- 12*Instead of frying the burgers, you can bake them at 375° on a lightly oiled baking sheet until firm, about 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Veggie Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1078.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 17.1 g