A hearty soup from the Scottish/English border region. Some good veggie substitutions include pumpkin, corn, and potatoes.
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄4 lb rutabaga, cut into matchsticks (yellow turnip)
- 1⁄2 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 32 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- chives, snipped,to garnish
- Melt the butter and cook the vegetables for a few minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Add the turmeric, cook for 1 minute.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the chives.
Very easy tasty soup. Took minutes to put together.