1/2 Photos of Golden Vegetable Soup
A hearty soup from the Scottish/English border region. Some good veggie substitutions include pumpkin, corn, and potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ounce unsalted butter
- 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 lb rutabaga, cut into matchsticks (yellow turnip)
- 1/2 lb cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 32 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- chives, snipped,to garnish
- 1Melt the butter and cook the vegetables for a few minutes, stirring every now and then.
- 2Add the turmeric, cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Serve garnished with the chives.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 97.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 53.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: