Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a gift, attach your favorite pancake recipe. This syrup is also good drizzled over ice cream or pound cake.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice, strained
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean; place seeds and bean in a small bowl.
- Combine granulated sugar and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add vanilla bean and seeds, stirring gently. Cool syrup to room temperature.
- Pour syrup and vanilla bean into a glass container. Cover and chill.
- Note: Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.