Prep 12 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (makes a little more than 12 cupcakes)
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F) and have your cupcake liners ready in the pan.
- Whisk soy milk and apple cider vinegar and set aside to curdle.
- Then, beat together the soy milk mixture, oil, sugar, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Sift in the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Fill cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.