Recipe by Michelle S.
This is a favorite way to use up leftover turkey. I sometimes substitute white wine for the milk. Serve this up with a green salad and French bread and you've got yourself a good meal.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimiento
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, green pepper and mushrooms in butter in a 2 quart saucepan.
- Stir in pimento, soup, milk, and basil; heat through.
- Arrange 1/2 of the noodles in a greased 13x9 pan.
- Layer 1/2 the cottage cheese, 1/2 of the sauce, 1/2 of the turkey, and half the Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
- Repeat ending with the cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes till hot and bubbly.