Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and quick to fix. A box of mac and cheese along with the condensed soup make a rich, cheesy sauce. A tossed salad and rolls round out the meal quite nicely.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk (to make cheese sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion and green pepper in butter.
- Return macaroni to the pan.
- Add milk and contents of cheese sauce packet; stir until smooth.
- Stir in the soup, tuna, mushrooms and pimientos.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
I just made this today. I used "Annie's white shells and cheese sauce" and red pepper instead of green since that's what I had in the house. I didn't have any mushrooms but I'll try to use them next time. It was very good. Thanks for the recipe.
I've been making this recipe for years and we love it. I omit the pimentos (never have any) and the mushrooms (don't eat them) and the casserole is still great. We also put some ground cayenne pepper in the casserole and sprinkle the top w/bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. A nice change of pace from the ordinary tuna noodle casserole!