Recipe by shelbyrose
Delicious and quick to fix. A box of mac and cheese along with the condensed soup make a rich, cheesy sauce. A tossed salad and rolls round out the meal quite nicely.
Top Review by HarlinMG
I just made this today. I used "Annie's white shells and cheese sauce" and red pepper instead of green since that's what I had in the house. I didn't have any mushrooms but I'll try to use them next time. It was very good. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package macaroni and cheese mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk (to make cheese sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (2 ounce) jar diced pimentos, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute onion and green pepper in butter.
- Return macaroni to the pan.
- Add milk and contents of cheese sauce packet; stir until smooth.
- Stir in the soup, tuna, mushrooms and pimientos.
- Pour into a greased 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.