Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another great find from "Sauces for Pasta". It has a very unique taste. There should be no substitution for the yellow tomatoes in this recipe. It is best served over spinach fettuccine.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 5 medium yellow tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, defrosted
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions, curry powder, and turmeric.
- Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the peppers and shrimp. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot pasta.
This curry looked pretty on the plate and was chock full of good veggies. It felt very healthy. My curry powder was on the hot side, which somewhat overpowered the dish. Next time I would try a Madras or something more mild. This was a great use for yellow tomatoes. Thanks!