Recipe by Kozmic Blues
I grew "Golden Boy" tomatoes in my garden this year. If you are not familiar with that variety, they are wonderfully sweet and are an amazing shade of orangey-yellow! I threw this dish together one night all from bits and pieces I had leftover in the fridge. I toasted the bread plain, but feel free to grill ot toast it with a little olive oil and garlic. Also, shredded fresh basil leaves would be a nice addition as well.
Top Review by Robert D.
Nice simple recipe. I like a crispy toast so I start with a very hard French bread slice it fairly thin and place it under the broiler until quite well toasted. As soon as it cools a little, take a raw clove of garlic and rub across top of the toasted bread before covering with the rest of the goodness.
- 5 yellow tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 slices thick Italian bread, toasted
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the tomatoes, onion, red pepper, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Allow the tomatoes to release their juices.
- Place the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Allow vinegar to gently reduce until it is the consistency of syrup.
- Toss the crumbled Gorgonzola in the the tomato mixture.
- Top slices of toasted bread with the tomatoes and drizzle the balsamic syrup over the top.