Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This tasty recipe for tilapia is quite easy to make. I got it off of FoodNetwork.com. and just slightly modified it. The recipe calls for the fish to marinade for 20 minutes, but I bet it would be even better if marinated for longer. Enjoy!
- Simmer in a saucepan over medium heat the sugar, soy sauce, water, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and pepper and cook until the sauce is reduced by half.
- Allow the sauce to cool and then marinade the fillets in 1/2 of the sauce for 20 minutes in the refrigerator. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Remove fillets from the marinade. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat skillet to medium high. Add oil to skillet and saute the fillets for about two minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Reheat the reserved sauce.
- Place fillets on baking dish or cookie sheet and finish in oven for 5-7 minutes or until done.
- Serve with reserved sauce.
We enjoyed this. I did let the fish marinade longer. I prepared it in the morning and the fish marinaded until supper. While we enjoyed it we will probably lessen the amount of or omit the cloves as that flavor seemed a little overpowering.
This was pretty good! My husband and I both enjoyed it. Something different and very tasty. I forgot to reserve 1/2 the marinade, which would have been good spooned over the fish and the white rice I served with it. Will not forget next time!
Pretty good! I do think it's a bit heavy on the garlic powder though and may use fresh garlic next time. I thought the amount of cloves was fine, though I noticed the directions leave out the cloves (I'm assuming they get put in with the other spices). I will probably make this again!