Recipe by ElaineAnn
If you've wanted to try some of those lovely recipes from Down Under and Across the Pond but could not find this ingredient, now you can make your own and "have a go at it".
Top Review by bhinson16
For many of us the poi of making/using golden syrup is to AVOID the use of corn syrup, due to allergies or simply taste preferences. Since this recipe includes corn syrup, it is NOT golden syrup.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put sugar in a small heavy pan and shake pan so the sugar is in an even layer.
- Sprinkle it with vinegar and water.
- Cook over low heat, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and cook until syrup has taken on a light caramel color, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Immediately remove from heat and pour in the corn syrup. DO NOT STIR, but let it bubble for 2 to 3 minutes. When the bubbling stops, stir well.
- Pour into sealed container. It can be stored at room temperature for several months.