If you've wanted to try some of those lovely recipes from Down Under and Across the Pond but could not find this ingredient, now you can make your own and "have a go at it".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put sugar in a small heavy pan and shake pan so the sugar is in an even layer.
- 2Sprinkle it with vinegar and water.
- 3Cook over low heat, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
- 4Increase heat to medium and cook until syrup has taken on a light caramel color, 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5Immediately remove from heat and pour in the corn syrup. DO NOT STIR, but let it bubble for 2 to 3 minutes. When the bubbling stops, stir well.
- 6Pour into sealed container. It can be stored at room temperature for several months.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.3
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 137.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 80.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g