This is my family's favorite cornbread. It is a sweet cornbread. I like to sift the flour and baking powder together to prevent clumps and use an 8x8 glass plan. I got this from AllRecipes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or lightly grease a 9-inch round or square cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.