- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal, yellow
- 2⁄3 cup sugar, white
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk (1% is ok)
- 1⁄3 cup oil, vegetable
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray or lightly grease a 9-inch round or square cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.