Recipe by 352lillian
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. Young sweet carrots combines with fluffly mashed potatoes, enriched with with sour cream, cream cheese and sweet butter for a side dish that will win raves.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh young carrot, peeled
- 1 (16 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 0.5 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature (reduced fat is okay)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange carrots on a microwave-proof dish, thick ends on outer edge and thin in the center. Cover loosely and cook on 100%.power (1,000 or 1,100) for 5 minutes or until fork tender. Force through a potato ricer or mash finely with a fork and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add Simply Potato Traditional Mashed Potatoes, sour cream, cream cheese, and 2 tablespoon butter and mix well. Spread in a buttered.
- 8 or 9-inch baking pan. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and drizzle it over potato carrots mixture, cover. Bake at 350 degrees for.
- 20 minutes or 12 minutes in a microwave (1,000 to 1,100).
- To make ahead, cover, and refrigerate. If refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.