Top Review by luv2cooktoomuch
They were very sweet which I expected after reading the other reviews but I was shocked that someone was able to shape them as they just kept falling apart. I used about 16 different cookie cutters and it was NOT a success.It was super duper dry. They did raise a lot which I was happy to see but I finally gave up and just rolled circles.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, Sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the first 4 ingredients together.
- Cream butter and extracts together until butter is softened.
- Add sugar gradually, creaming until fluffy after each addition.
- Add yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients in 4ths, beating until just blended.
- Make balls (1-inch), about 2-inches apart on ungreased sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.