Recipe by sybrsuzy
These contain grated raw carrots in the ingredients to make them a little different and delicious. From a little cookbook titled "Food Editors' Favorities, Treasured Recipes". Can be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen for longer storage. Preparation time does not include baking the potatoes.
Top Review by Boomette
wow these are great :) The best I made probably. I like the taste of the carrots in them. I used dried chives in the potatoes. I used green onion, no horseradish and used fat free sour cream. On top, orange cheddar cheese. No paprika. Big success! Thanks for posting this fabulous recipe :) Made for TYM tag game
- 4 baked potatoes
- 1 cup grated raw carrot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or dry equivalent)
- 1⁄4 cup finely minced onions or 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon horseradish
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt or 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- salt and pepper, To Taste
- grated parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
- paprika, for Garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut baked potatoes in half and scoop out pulp. Whip pulp with all ingredients except cheese and paprika. Refill potato halves and sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika. Bake in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts and potatoes are hot.
- If refrigerating ahead of time, when ready to cook, remove from refrigerator and then top with cheese and paprika and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until hot. If freezing, thaw and proceed with refrigeration directions.