Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found on a bunch of fresh organic asparagus from where else but California! I made a few changes and added some other things to the original recipe. The Thousand Island dressing was found off the website apinchof.com.
Thousand Island Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 4 cups romaine lettuce (cos)
- 1⁄2 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and roasted, cut into 2-inch pieces (read *NOTE)
- 6 yellow cherry tomatoes, cut in half or 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 -3 slices bacon, crisply cooked and cut up into bite size pieces
- 1⁄3 cup white cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes (I used Irish Dubliner Vintage)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced cucumber
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- *NOTE: To roast the asparagus, place the spears singly in a baking pan.
- Cook at 400 degrees for about 7 minutes, turning them at the halfway mark so that they roast evenly. Spears should still be crisp NOT mushy. Set aside to cool.
- Dressing: Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Yield: 1/3 cup. Salad dressing is best prepared at least 1 hour in advance. (If dressing it too thick, thin with a little bit more milk or cream.).
- Salad: Wash the romaine lettuce. Use a salad spinner to dry the lettuce.
- Place the romaine in a salad bowl. Toss with the remaining salad ingredients.
- Serve dressing on side.