Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
The blandness of white meat disappears when chicken is seasoned this way.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed saffron thread
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sliced onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock (about) or 1 1⁄2 cups canned chicken broth (about)
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3 1⁄2 cups hot cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Combine garlic, turmeric, ginger, salt and saffron; mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil; mix until blended.
- Coat chicken breast halves with this mixture, rubbing into the meat.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat remaining olive oil with butter or margarine; add onion.
- Cook over low heat until soft but not browned.
- Add chicken pieces and enough stock or broth to cover chicken.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender and opaque, about 25 minutes.
- Remove chicken; keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium high; cook broth until reduced to about 3/4 cup.
- Add cream; stir to blend.
- Continue to cook until mixture is further reduced and very slightly thickened.
- Taste sauce for seasoning.
- Spread rice on a heated serving platter.
- Top with chicken.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- How to Cook with Herbs, Spices & Flavorings.