Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like a heavy country style breakfast because I seldom eat lunch. I cooked this one up to get something tasty and bulky that lasts me for a long time. spice it to your own taste.
- 4 cups frozen O'Brien potatoes (, Von's is good)
- 2 cups yellow hominy
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- Tabasco sauce (or your favorite hot sauce)
- Chuck potatoes, hominy, garlic, and chili powder into a deep pan with 1 tbs oil.
- Saute until potatoes are beginning to brown.
- Plate it up and sprinkle on the Tabasco and ketchup to taste.
This was exactly the type of breakfast dish I was looking for to cook on an extended rv trip. The crew like this a lot because it was substantial. Just for the heck of it, I added a drained canned of green chiles and served the Tabasco on the side. It turned out great, and it was so easy to prepare in a really small kitchen. Thanks Clifford! Great camping recipe. It was so easy to make and didnt take up a lot of time, which is very important to hungry campers. I used New Mexico ground chile (a staple in my freezer), so I did not add the Tabasco. I put the Tabasco and ketsup on the table. I will be using this one again!