Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick, easy dish with a rich-tasting sauce. If your family likes gravy, better double the sauce ingredients!
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 5 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder over chops.
- Sear chops over high heat until golden brown, then lower heat to medium-high.
- Mix soup, water and sherry. Pour over chops, cover and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until chops are done.
- Remove chops from pan, and stir in sour cream and mustard. Return chops to pan, heat til sauce is warmed through and serve.
- Also good with tarragon, basil, or thyme mixed into the sauce.
I used to make pork chops with only the Golden Mushroom soup and think it tasted great. But this recipe with the sour cream and Dijon added also is really, really good! I will definitely be making this again. Thanks.