Recipe by drhousespcatcher
A shrimp salad with a fresh fruit and a chutney dressing. Originally from Ocean Garden Products recipe card
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp
- 4 slices fresh ginger
- 2 cups tart green apples
- 2 cups jicama, pared and julienned
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, see note
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 kiwi, pared and sliced
- 6 nectarines, sliced
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries, fresh
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh chopped
- 3 cups salad greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Shrimp should be 16/20 count per pound. Lime may be sub for Lemon. You may use more or less greens of any type that appeals to you.
- Cook the shrimp 2-3 minutes in 1 1/2 quarts of boiling salted water to which 2 slices of the ginger has been added. Chill immediately upon draining in an ice bath and refrigerate.
- Toss apples, jicama, onions, juice, salt and shredded ginger and mix well to make a slaw. Refridgerate.
- Puree the Chutney, juice, catsup, honey and cayenne until smooth. Slowly pour in the olive oil while running the processor.
- Sprinkle the nectarines with lime juice.
- Line a plate with salad greens. Mound the slaw on one side. Place the shrimp and Kiwi on top. On the other side of the greens arrange the nectarines and sprinkle with the raspberries. Spoon the dressing over both and sprinkle on the chives.