1/1 Photo of Golden Sesame Chicken With Ginger Dressing
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Not something you would ever find in a fast food restaurant, these chickies pack a punch of flavor, and are very pretty too, on their bed of fresh spinach. For couth guests only! ;-) Note: I get the greatest grated ginger (how's that for alliteration?) by freezing the ginger root first and then grating it on a Microplane zester.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large egg whites (sometimes I just use two eggs)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 lb raw chicken breast (cut into bite-size pieces, but you can make them larger if you want, I'm not going to force you)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (drinking, not cooking)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 orange, juice of (about 1/4 cup)
- 1Prepare the marinade first:.
- 2Combine egg whites, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and scallion. Whisk together until frothy.
- 3Add the chicken and marinate, refrigerated, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare the Ginger Dressing:.
- 5Combine the ginger, soy sauce, sherry, garlic, sesame oil, chili flakes, scallions, lemon juice and orange juice in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- 6Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 7Remove from the heat and set aside while preparing the chicken.
- 8Sesame coating:.
- 9Mix the two types of seeds together. That's it.
- 10Cooking the chicken:.
- 11Drain the excess liquid from the chicken and dip them in the sesame seed coating, covering them completely on all sides.
- 12Place the chicken pieces on a tray in the refrigerator about 30 minutes before cooking to allow the coating to dry.
- 13This would be a good time to start preheating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- 14Heat the canola oil in a heavy pan.
- 15Saute chicken on each side until crispy on the outside. Use tongs to turn them.
- 16Transfer them to a cookie sheet (I cover the sheet with parchment paper first) and place in the oven 3 minutes to make sure they are fully cooked in the center. (Yes, you preheated an oven for all of 3 minutes baking. Do you want salmonella? Just do it!).
- 17Serve the chicken nuggets on a bed of raw spinach leaves and drizzle the Ginger Dressing over the top or put in a bowl to serve on a platter.
- 18You can thank me later.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Sesame Chicken With Ginger Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.1
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 2222.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 35.5 g