Chef Mumsie Moskal's Note:
The flavour of these is incredible. Nice change in colour as well. I have used this recipe for 4 years and have not gone back to the old-fashioned ones, my family prefers these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- crumb topping
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix the crumb topping together and set aside.
- 3Butter a 13x9 inch pan.
- 4Whisk flour, salt,thyme and pepper into the milk mixture.
- 5Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with the milk mixture.
- 6Add bay leaf.
- 7Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 4 minutes.
- 8Add Yukon gold potatoes and simmer uncovered to 8 minutes or until they are tender.
- 9Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- 10Spread potato mixture into prepared baking dish
- 11Bake for 20-25 minute.
- 12Add crumb topping and broil for 3 minutes or until golden in colour.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Scalloped Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.3
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.9 mg
- Sodium 980.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 11.9 g