Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The flavour of these is incredible. Nice change in colour as well. I have used this recipe for 4 years and have not gone back to the old-fashioned ones, my family prefers these.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 -5 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- crumb topping
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the crumb topping together and set aside.
- Butter a 13x9 inch pan.
- Whisk flour, salt,thyme and pepper into the milk mixture.
- Place sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with the milk mixture.
- Add bay leaf.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 4 minutes.
- Add Yukon gold potatoes and simmer uncovered to 8 minutes or until they are tender.
- Remove from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Spread potato mixture into prepared baking dish
- Bake for 20-25 minute.
- Add crumb topping and broil for 3 minutes or until golden in colour.