Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This different oyster dish can be prepared in the morning and cooked later. It can also be doubled easily for a buffet table.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 20 salted soda crackers
- 2 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 pint oyster, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Melt butter in 4 cup casserole dish.
- Add crumbs, stir and remove 1/3 for topping.
- Stir in mushrooms; mix well and remove 1/2 of mixture.
- Spread remaining mushroom/crumb mixture over bottom of casserole.
- Spoon oysters on top.
- Spread reserved mushroom/crumb mixture over oysters.
- Spoon sour cream over mixture (try not to distrub mixture).
- Sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Can be cooked now or refrigerated and cooked later.
- Bake, uncovered, 350 F 25 or 30 min until top is golden brown.