1/4 Photos of Golden Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
This Heart Healthy recipe of roasted seasoned salmon is served bedded on Spicy Lentils (South Africa). Healthy and Good fats! Salmon is low in calories and saturated fat, yet high in protein, and a health-promoting fat, the omega-3 essential fatty acids. Lentils contribute to heart health lies not just in their fiber, but in the significant amounts of folate and magnesium these little orange wonders supply.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°; Line shallow roasting pan with aluminum foil, spray with non-stick pan spray.
- 2Toss onions and garlic together and season with salt and pepper; place on foil. Roast for 5 minutes and then toss.
- 4Season salmon with salt and pepper, paprika, turmeric, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- 5Place salmon fillets on onions. Drizzle with olive oil. Bake salmon 10-12 minutes in preheated oven, or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- 6Lay slamon on a serving dish of lentils and top with the onions.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Salmon on a Bed of Lentils
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.3 mg
- Sodium 89.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 32.8 g