Recipe by Latchy
This is a really delicious Middle Eastern recipe, and a change from the ordinary roast chicken. I think it may be a Donna Hay recipe. (several hours marinading time)
Top Review by Lorac
Very Good. This is the most tender and juicy chicken that I have ever made. I followed the directions exactly as written. After 60 minutes, I laid a piece of foil over the top of the chicken because the skin began to blacken. I marinated the chicken for 6 hours and a subtle yoghurt-onion flavor permeated the meat and juices. At first I thought the stuffing was too bland but a sprinkle of salt and the chicken juices changed my mind. I loved the crunch and nutty flavor of the pine nuts. DH put this on "his please make for me again" list, he ate half of the 3 1/4 pound !
- 1 1⁄2 kg chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups plain yogurt
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 250 g peas (cooked or shelled)
- 60 g pine nuts
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Place chicken in non metallic dish.
- Combine onion, salt and yogurt, spoon over chicken and marinate in refrigerate for several hours.
- Remove excess marinade.
- Combine remaining ingredients and season to taste.
- Stuff the chicken with the mixture.
- Truss and bake for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.