Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 (29 ounce) can cling peach halves
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 envelopes gelatin, unflavored
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups nonfat milk or 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk
- 3 cups ricotta cheese (24 oz.)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons orange rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla gingersnaps
- Drain peaches; set aside. In top of double boiler, combine 1/4 cup of sugar and gelatin.
- Add egg yolks and beat until light and frothy.
- Add salt and milk. Cook over simmering water until mixture forms a custard thick enough to eat with a spoon.
- Whirl Ricotta in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Stir into custard mixture with lemon juice, peel and vanilla.
- In large bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks form using remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- Fold custard into egg whites.
- Pour into 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Arrange peaches cut side down.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Crush gingersnaps and sprinkle on top of cake.