Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Burmese Dessert from www.asianonlinerecipes.com
- 236.59 ml long grain rice
- 14.79 ml oil
- 473.18 ml coconut milk
- 2.46 ml ground turmeric
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml grated resh coconut
- 29.58 ml toasted sesame seeds
- If rice needs washing, wash and drain thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan and fry the rice for 3 minutes, stirring and turning rice with a metal spoon.
- Add coconut milk, turmeric, salt and sugar and bring to the boil.
- When the liquid looks thick (which should be about a minute or two), turn the heat very low.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated.
- While still hot, fluff up with a fork and mix in the grated coconut.
- Then transfer rice to a greased ovenproof dish and smooth top.
- Press down firmly.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in a slow oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut in diamond shapes and serve with more grated fresh coconut and toasted sesame seeds which have been slightly crushed and mixed with a little salt.