Az B's Note:
A Burmese Dessert from www.asianonlinerecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If rice needs washing, wash and drain thoroughly.
- 2Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan and fry the rice for 3 minutes, stirring and turning rice with a metal spoon.
- 3Add coconut milk, turmeric, salt and sugar and bring to the boil.
- 4When the liquid looks thick (which should be about a minute or two), turn the heat very low.
- 5Cover and cook 15 minutes or until all liquid has evaporated.
- 6While still hot, fluff up with a fork and mix in the grated coconut.
- 7Then transfer rice to a greased ovenproof dish and smooth top.
- 8Press down firmly.
- 9Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in a slow oven for 20 minutes.
- 10Cut in diamond shapes and serve with more grated fresh coconut and toasted sesame seeds which have been slightly crushed and mixed with a little salt.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Rice Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 344.3
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 115.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 4.9 g