Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
So easy, and very tasty!!!
- 1⁄2 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion flakes
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth (low-sodium chicken broth works well, too, but tastes different)
- 1 cup water
- grated romano cheese
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the rice and orzo.
- Saute and stir until golden.
- Gently pour in the beef broth and water.
- Add the turmeric, garlic powder, onion flakes and salt.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the flame.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Serve and garnish with the Romano cheese.
Hi Jules..ohhh my you were right this is marvelous. I never changed a thing, just doubled the recipe. Everyone wanted the recipe after I told them the ingredients, they couldn't believe how easy it was..big hit jules. thanks for posting. Its a keeper.
Very tasty dish. I sauted chopped onions and 3 cloves of garlic then added the rice and orzo to toast. I also used chicken broth. Amazing flavor and easy to follow directions!
I loved it. I've had orzo prepared with more or less the same ingredients but never orzo and rice. Only change I made was to saute fresh garlic and onion and add it with the turmeric.If this isn't listed under comfort food, it needs to be.