Prep 1 hr
Cook 13 mins
A great recipe from American Profile - these are frosted with orange brown butter icing. Prep time includes chill time.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup golden raisin, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mixed nuts
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Toss flour and raisins together in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars together with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add marmalade and egg yolk; beat until blended. Add flour mixture, alternating with sour cream, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla and nuts; chill.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on pans 2 inches apart. Flatten with your hand or tines of a fork. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until cookies are golden.
- To prepare icing, cook butter over medium heat until browned. Pour butter into a small bowl and stir in marmalade. Add powdered sugar and water; beat with a spoon until smooth. Spread on cooled cookies.