3 hrs 35 mins
Kim D.'s Note:
Posted by request. This recipe comes from a cookbook compiled by the Food Editors of the Farm Journal called "Homemade Breads". The recipe says this bread has a "faint pumpkin pie taste". Pre-time includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk; stir in pumpkin, shortening, sugar, salt and spices.
- 2Cool to luke warm.
- 3Sprinkle yeast on warm water; stir to dissolve.
- 4To the yeast, add 3 cups flour, the milk mixture, and eggs.
- 5Beat with electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- 6Stir in raisins (if desired).
- 7Mix in enough remaining flour, a little at a time, first with a spoon and then with hands, to make a dough that leaves the sides of bowl.
- 8Turn onto lightly floured counter.
- 9Knead until smooth and elastic, 8-10 minutes.
- 10(This step could probably be done with a KitchenAid Mixer and a bread hook for several minutes).
- 11Place dough in a lightly greased bowl and turn over to grease top.
- 12Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled in size (about 1- 1 1/2 hours).
- 13Punch down.
- 14Turn out onto counter and divide dough in half.
- 15Shape in loafs and place in 2 greased 9X5X3-inch loaf pans.
- 16Brush tops of loaves with melted butter.
- 17Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 50 minutes.
- 18Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for about 35 minutes, or until bread tests done.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Raisin Pumpkin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1869 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2346.8
- Calories from Fat 362
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 228.5 mg
- Sodium 2775.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 441.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.8 g
- Sugars 94.9 g
- Protein 59.7 g