1/1 Photo of Golden Raisin Breakfast Buns
1 hr 5 mins
These are lovely for breakfast, light and a bit different, with lemon icing and a texture similar to cream puffs. I really like these, as have others. I got the recipe many years ago from a church cookbook called Blessings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup golden raisin
- 1Preheat the oven to 375.
- 2Grease cookie sheets, or spray with non-stick spray.
- 3Plump the raisins by covering them with very hot water and letting them sit for 5 minutes; then drain them and put them on a paper towel to dry.
- 4Combine the water, butter, sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- 5Bring to a boil, then add the flour all at once.
- 6Stir with a wooden spoon over low heat until you have a smooth, thick dough.
- 7Remove from the heat and beat for 2 minutes on low speed or by hand to cool it slightly.
- 8Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition, until the mixture has a satiny sheen.
- 9Stir in the raisins.
- 10Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- 11Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 12The buns should pretty much double in size, and be golden and firm.
- 13While the buns are baking, prepare the icing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and blending until smooth and of spreading consistency.
- 14Add more cream if necessary.
- 15When the buns are done, place on a wire rack to cool and frost while still warm.
- 16This makes about 8-12 buns depending on the size you make them.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Raisin Breakfast Buns
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 143.1 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 5.2 g