Recipe by LK'smommy
This recipe came from Taste of Home. It calls for Golden Raisins but I used regular raisins. Yummy, healthy breakfast or snack. My 1 yr old even likes them!
Top Review by Tamaretta
I just made these out of TOH. I love the texture! They are very silky-feeling - not like you are eating bran at all! I added 1/4 oj and 1/4 shredded carrots to help increase the nutrition factor. I might sub babyfood carrots for 1/2 the applesauce next time to save me shredding the carrots. Thanks for posting our new favorite muffin!
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the applesauce, oil, milk and egg.
- Stir in bran and let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flours, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt; stir in bran mixture just until blended.
- Fold in raisins (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Serve warm.