Recipe by thia jones
A variation off a cereal box, similar recipes are posted on this site, however the addition of the finely chopped golden raisins studded throughout make this its crowning glory!
- 3 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups finely chopped golden raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- combine Bran and Boiling water in very large bowl, let sit at least five minutes.
- Mix the next seven ingredients in a seperate bowl making the"wet Mixture".
- On a piece of waxed paper sift the flour,baking soda and salt.
- Add the wet mix to the bran mix and fold in the flour mixture.
- fold in chopped raisins.
- Have ready sprayed muffin pans or use paper liners.
- Scoop mixture into pans and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 12-14 minutes.