Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
An all time favorite recipe.
Make and share this Golden Pumpkin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g pumpkin
- 354.88 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml cornmeal
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 9.85 ml salt
- 9.85 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml water
- 177.44 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml pecans, chopped
- Beat together pumpkin, sugars, eggs, and oil.
- Combined dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture alternately with sour cream and water; mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Pour into two well greased 9 X 5- inch loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- •Variation: Substitute one 10-inch tube pan for the two loaf pan; bake in a pre-heated 350°F oven l hour and 25 minutes.
This recipe is missing an important ingredient-FLOUR! I sent a message to the chef but got no reply. Thanks to LainieBug, who found the same recipe on another website, I used 3 1/2 cups flour. This turned out to be one of the best pumpkin breads I have had. The cornmeal gives it a nice texture. The bread is very moist. I subbed dried cranberries for the raisins.