Recipe by Sudika
Known as Alu Gauranga in India, this is a most simple and delicious way to serve potatoes, and too good to feel guilty about!
Top Review by awalde
More than 5 years without a review? That's a pity for such a tasty and beatiful recipe!
This can be served with Indian food but even with a lot of recipes from overall the world.
A great sidedish!
Thanks for posting the recipe!
- 6 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (hurdee)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil potatoes in salted water till fully cooked. Peel and cut potatoes into eighths. Drizzle ghee over.
- Mix sour cream, turmeric and chilli. Add a few tablespoons of water to sauce if too thick.
- Coat potatoes well in this sauce.
- Place mixture in a well buttered roasting tray, add herbs, jeera and pepper and bake till a golden crust has formed.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and lentils. Bon appetit!