Known as Alu Gauranga in India, this is a most simple and delicious way to serve potatoes, and too good to feel guilty about!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Boil potatoes in salted water till fully cooked. Peel and cut potatoes into eighths. Drizzle ghee over.
- Mix sour cream, turmeric and chilli. Add a few tablespoons of water to sauce if too thick.
- Coat potatoes well in this sauce.
- Place mixture in a well buttered roasting tray, add herbs, jeera and pepper and bake till a golden crust has formed.
- Serve with a crisp green salad and lentils. Bon appetit!