Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Potatoes and winter squash, mashed together with sour cream, herbs, and parmesan cheese. A delicious twist on plain mashed potatoes. NOTE: 2 medium butternut squash, baked, can be substituted for the frozen squash. ALSO NOTE: This recipe calls for 2 12 oz. packages of frozen squash. (24 oz. all together).
- 2 (12 ounce) packagesfrozen cooked winter squash
- 8 cups russet potatoes, peeled, cut in 1-in . cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook squash according to package directions. Place potatoes in large pan and cover with water. Cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Combine squash, potatoes, butter, and sour cream in a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat another 1 to 2 minutes to thoroughly mix. Serve hot.