1/3 Photos of Golden Potato Soup
This is a warm, comforting soup. Perfect as a side or the main event. I like to double this recipe if I am serving more than two. I also like extra cheese. If you desire a little extra spice, add some chili powder or cayenne. I obtained this from a traveler's internet cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 large potato, diced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- paprika (to garnish)
- 1Saute onion and celery in butter in a medium saucepan.
- 2Add carrot, potato and 3/4 cup water; bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender (about 15 minutes)
- 4Stir in milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring often.
- 5In a small bowl, combine flour, cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; stir into soup mixture.
- 6Cook and stir until thickened.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in cheese until melted.
- 9Sprinkle each serving with a pinch of paprika.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.5
- Calories from Fat 221
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 1001.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g